Friday, May 04, 2007

present



Yesterday I went to Romni Wools to pick up the above for ma sœur. That store is absolutely amazing, and it's probably a good thing that I'm leaving Toronto next week. Rather sad, but I have exciting things coming up. Including yarn stores in the Bay area that have knitting group/chocolate tasting. That may sweeten the deal a bit.

But before I went to Romni, I stopped by Knit-o-matic, which isn't such a trek to get to (though I love walking down Queen Street, so it's usually a fun trek). While they didn't have the Mille Colori/Tonalita (I'm not sure what's up with that), they did have a chunky white wool I've been looking for forever to make a cute little shrug.



I actually bought some pretty pale green Manos del Uruguay for it already, but when I knit a swatch the changing weight made it look not quite as tidy as I'd like for this project. So I got the white, which wasn't too bad, especially as I only need two balls. It's a really simple project, but I keep doing stupid things for some reason.



That's the second time I've done it; the first time was right in the front, and I had already finished the increases. But I tore it all out, started over, and promptly screwed up again. I guess I need to stop knitting when I'm tired : ) If I just pay attention, it should knit up over the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home