Saturday, September 08, 2007

Catch-up

It's been a long summer without posting; partly because there wasn't much knitting and partly because la soeur and I were together much of the summer, negating a need to post photos of our knitting for each other (which was one of the main reasons for this blog). I have moved from Toronto to the Midwest and am now in the Bay Area for the foreseeable future. So what have I done, knitting-wise?

Finished Tubey. FINALLY. It's a shame it got to be so annoying, because I really like the sweater. I have pictures up on Ravelry (which is AWESOME), but as I have not yet figured out how to set Flickr photos into webpages and I'm too lazy to go and upload more stuff into photobucket, no photos on the blog for now. Anyways, they're dark because I haven't figured out the best time & place to take photos in the new apartment.



Reading-In-Bed Shrug! I love this; I wear it every night. The color is somewhere between the two pictures. My gauge was totally different than the pattern called for, but I didn't like the look of the lace on larger needles, so I knit as directed and it was fine. Except for the part where I ran out of yarn when I got to the ribbing at the end, so now I have to figure out what to do with 135m of GGH Soft Kid . . .



I've also begun Pomatomus! I had intended the lovely Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi in Sherbet, but my wonderful new LYS (I have a LYS!!) did not have it. However, they had five zillion other colors, so I'm using Red Rover, which is also gorgeous.



I'm doing the pattern as directed, meaning three pattern repeats for the leg. Top-down socks always make me nervous, as I'm paranoid I'm going to run out of yarn. I have big feet, it's a distinct possibility : ) So I think when I finish the third repeat I'll just try them on; if they seem too tall I'll just rip them out anyways. I'd just really, really rather not have to rip out an entire foot. But one good thing about taking forever on projects is that I spend less money on yarn--since I'm a poor grad student, I've only been buying yarn for specific projects.

Oh, and I bought some cute little beaded stitch markers from Mad Caterpillar--wow that looks weird, I don't know when the last time I wrote "caterpillar" was--and they were packaged adorably. The other side of the label was a little sheep sticker!



I also finished the Winter Capelet below, and knit the Summer Tunic from Interweave (both also on Ravelry). My mom sewed some ribbon for me, as I'm horrendous at sewing in a straight line, so I'm just waiting for her to mail it to finish it up. E and I both got Debbie Bliss Cathay for it during our crazy European adventure, and knitting with it was such a delight! But I guess I should save anything more to my actual post.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home