Monday, October 08, 2007

Wool Fest? Heck Yes!

So I went to the Kentucky Wool Fest Yesterday with my aunt and her daughters and it was pretty much the coolest thing ever. We walked around this festival with a bunch of hillbillies. We got to see sheep getting sheered and hold baby goats that were teeny tiny!

Then came the best part: the 1000 pound cow-pig as my 4-year-old cousin Caroline calls it. It was really just a huge pig. Just kidding, the best part was really the yarn and wool part of it. There was a lady selling needle felting kits, which is really cool. Other ladies were spinning and combing out wool, it was awesome.

I bought two little sheep, one blue and orange and the other red and blue, made by needle felting. The lady gave them to me for $5! Then I bought a drop spindle and got some wool free and have been working on that for 2 days. It is really fun until your shoulder starts to hurt! I think I will like it more when I am better at making the yarn one thickness...it is kind of chunky. Oh well, first time for everything! The wool is beautiful though. It has pinks and browns and greens in it. and all that for only $15! woot!

I also got some alpaca and silk yarn from Sophie's to knit my mom a beautiful lace scarf for her birthday.

I still don't have a connector cable for my camera but I should get one this weekend because it is fall break. I will finally be able to post pictures of all of my projects!

2 Comments:

Blogger mb said...

You should post photos of your sheep!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Lady O said...

Sounds like so much fun!

I can't wait to see the results of your spinning endevours!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home