Saturday, October 13, 2007

Yarn and Yarnability

To explain my title, I have been watching Blackadder, this older British comedy with Rowen Atkinson, and in Season three, all the episodes are a play off Jane Austen Novels, for example, Nob and Nobility, Dual and Dualability, and so on...

The moment we have all been waiting for! I have found the connector for my camera woohoo! (Though I still don't have pictures of everything).
Here is what I have been doing lately:This is the sock I learned to make at a Sock Club class at Sophie's. It is by Elise, called Mossy Diamond Sock. This is my first attempt at a toe up sock and I freaked out. Thanks to Molly I turned the heel successfully!
This is Queen of Cups from knitty. I am kind of upset that I didn't choose a better yarn for this. The pattern and the yarn are awesome, just not together. I guess I will try it again with a solid.
This is also Mountain Colors. The colorway is Rosehip and I love it! This is what my Mossy Diamond Socks are being knit with. I thought it kind of looked like an apple, which is why I am holding it like this.

My beautiful Mountain Colors! This is Tamarack and it is gorgeous!

This is my Brushed Suri (Lollipop), and with it, I am going to knit this:

This is not me or my work! I just thought that I would say that so I don't get in trouble. This is just the pattern that I am going to use. Isn't it cute!!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the sad results of the first half of my adventures in spinning!! BTW, it is super hard!

The beautiful un-spun wool. I love the colors!

The Drop-spindle with the "yarn" on it. And I say "yarn" because I am not really sure my chunky mess of twisted wool deserves the title yarn just yet.

And this is a closeup of the "yarn." Notice the different widths? I think I have some sock yarn and some super chunky stuff all in the same batch!

More pictures to come, I just left some of my projects at school so I have to wait until I go back to take some more pictures.

1 Comments:

Blogger mb said...

Ooh, I like the mountain colors yarn! It does rather obscure the pattern, but the sock looks nice!

You know, you could always practice felting if you're looking for stuff to do with your yarn ; )

Oh, and you should post a photo of the sheep you got!!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home