Saturday, October 13, 2007

Socktoberfest?

Eileen is making me look like such a slacker. But that's only because she's on fall break and can knit to her heart's content (so I tell myself). I actually have gotten some knitting done, hurrah!

Pomatomus

My first Pomatomus is done except for grafting the toe; my worries about having enough yarn for three pattern repeats on the cuff were completely unfounded. Question: when you have a fair amount of yarn left over from a sock, do you start the second sock with that yarn, or do you use a second ball so you won't have to weave in any ends?

I found knitting Pomatomus kind of tedious; I love how the sock looks on but I guess I'm just not that into pattern repetition. However, I've (necessarily) gotten over my hatred of ktbl, which is good as it's used everywhere, and on like all of Cookie's awesome socks. I did run into a snag while knitting, though:

Pomatomus

I had a needle that felt a little off, so I'm guessing it's been cracked awhile. That's the second needle from this set that I've broken (though at least this one wasn't in a stupid way), but I absolutely love the Brittany birch needles so I might just go ahead and buy another set. Since I'm knitting socks anyways, and it's October, I wonder if I should just go ahead and say I'm doing Socktoberfest?

I'm finding that red is, like everyone says, hard to photograph. This is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Red Rover; it's as bright as the second picture but with all the color variations (from plum to rusty orange) in the first picture. I'll try and get a decent photo when they're finished : )

My mom sent me ribbon in her last package, so my Summertime Tunic is officially finished. The knitting has been done for weeks; I was waiting for the ribbon that she said she'd sew for me. So here is a finished shot, dark because it was late afternoon and I am too lazy to brighten it up in Photoshop, because I'm generally too lazy to even post most of the time, so at least it's up.

Summertime Tunic

It seems very large on me. Mostly just too long, but also a big bulky. I think I'll let it hibernate over winter and see how I feel about it & what's fashionable. And maybe in the meantime I'll find a well-lit place to take photographs of objects I'm wearing. This post is also an experiment with Flickr (thanks, blue lace fiesta for explaining the arcane workings to me!), so we'll see how it looks. I really want to be able to put in whatever size pictures I darn well feel like, but I'm using Flickr right now because of Ravely. Ahh, precious, precious Ravelry.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Your socks and Summertime Tunic look great!

When I knit the second sock, I go ahead and use the second ball. I almost always put off weaving in ends, so having less of them is better for me. :)

Contact Brittany and they'll send you replacement needles! Their guarantee is here.

10:06 PM  
Blogger mb said...

Thank you!

Oh yay, what an awesome replacement policy--thanks for the link!

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home