Sunday, January 27, 2008

Egads!

Well, Eileen beat me to a new post. But I, too, have been fairly busy knit-wise, though not quite as productive as I'd like. I knitted a pair of booties & a beanie for a good friend who is expecting, hauled the Mrs. Darcy Cardigan across the country without doing any of the little add-ons that I've been planning, acquired a yarn swift, finished Pomatomus (finally) and knit a lap blanket for my grandmother. I have also, in recent days, knit a very pink but very cute Aspen Hat.

IMG_2625

It was pretty interesting; the hat is very simple to knit, but requires size 17 dpns. As I did not have size 17 dpns, and I did not have $48 to spend on the only set they had at the yarn store, I improvised. This included stitch markers, size 7 straight needles, size 11 circular needles, and regular swearing. As a result, the hat isn't quite as tidy as I'd like it, but I think some of that should go away with a good blocking. Which probably won't happen until the weather warms up : )

I am currently working on the Wheat-Ear Cabled Yoke sweater for my mother, which is a long-overdue Christmas & birthday gift. It's going quickly though, so I hope to have it finished for when I see her in March.

IMG_2610

However, I am going to seriously consider KnitPicks next time I make a sweater. Ouch.

Lastly, my roommate just got back from a rickshaw race across India and brought me back some awesome knitted slippers! Not sure where exactly they're from or what they're made of, but they are cute and toasty!

IMG_2656

IMG_2657

More project photos on Ravelry! I am mollybee; eileen is comeoneileen. The pictures are also better; I don't really like the sizes availabe on Flickr, so I tried to resize them for the blog and, while serviceable, they still look odd. I think that will need some fiddling as well. Bah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home